Friday, October 1, 2010

The Path

This is something I wrote the other day.

      The sun rises and shows that it in fact always there even if we don't see it. Its brilliant light makes me shield my eyes and cast my shadow on the ground. The fire ball lights the world with it single glow and shows the paths that have been traveled by many and the path that has been traveled by few. I stand at the path less traveled knowing what's at the end. Its a narrow road and its bumpy but I choose it any ways. I know that the reward is far greater than the sufferings. Its hot and humid but I continue on longing for the end. I only see road. Its noon and the sun is high in the sky. It mocks me saying, " You should have chosen the other path. There's shade there." I ignore. Weaving in and out the road begins to change. Not smoother nor rougher, thinner, My mind says go back but my heart perseveres through it. I begin to weep. I realize that I am not doing this for the journey but for the result. I can't take a break because its the break that will break me. I will want to rest forever and never want to continue this great journey. The sky changes again. Its sunset. The marvelous colors explode over my head like a box of crayons. Pinks, purples, blues, oranges, and yellows swirl around my head. The amaze me. The sky is beautiful and begs me to sit and watch, but I can't. I have a promise to keep and a place to be. I push on. I look back once and see the few that have decide to take the journey to. They rest and watch an make me yearn for rest. I know where my rest is. It lies at the end of the path. At night, the stars come out of hiding and the moon finally shows it's face. The fireflies buzz in the midnight sky and show off there impressive light. I see a great light in the distance. Its bright but I must look. I see the a figure beaconing me to come and I run. I forget my aching tiredness and just run full force towards the light. This is what I have worked for. I have longed to be here for a long time and now I get my chance. My father was waiting for me. I ran to him and he and he embraced me.  At last I found rest in the shadow of his wings. He was what my journey was all about. Protector, Provider, Healer, King of kings and Lord of Lords. My shepherd and master, My strength and hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for tellling me what you think! If you are leaving a comment please leave your name... no anonymous comments... Thanks! :)