Saturday, September 25, 2010

A great interview!




There is this group called ontimeblind and they go around the country doing skits about Christian life. I had the incredible chance to interview one of the members of the team, Kathlene Smith. Heres my questions and her answers. 

1. How long have you been part of onetimeblind.

I have been a part of onetimeblind since the beginning of the ministry in 1994.  There was a group before I joined called Face2Face that ministered but then it changed people and we all agreed to change the name as well.

2. How did you guys get started in this ministry?


Most of us went to the same college and that college was looking for a team to go to camps and do drama.  They didn't have a team that did that, so a few people volunteered and the people at the camps liked it so much they wanted them to come back.  We weren't sold on doing just drama, but that is what God wanted us to do and since the most important thing to us was to get the name of Jesus out there and God wanted us to do drama, that's what we did.


3. How has onetimeblind changed your life (other than schedule)?


LOL.  Onetimeblind has flipped my life upside down.  Well, God has flipped it by using onetimeblind.  I had a plan after graduating college.  I had a job and an apartment lined up.  But God wanted something else for me, and I'm so glad.  I've been able to experience God in such ways I would've never been able to if I wasn't in this ministry.  He is so amazing and faithful if we just follow Him.


4. What are some conflicts that you have faced with onetimeblind?


We have faced several conflicts with the ministry.  It was very hard at first to get along with everyone.  I mean, we were all friends, but we were all very different and we had to learn to love DEEPLY, forgive one another and love again.  It was great practice of who the church should be.  I felt we were able to start growing up in Christ.  The ministry has faced conflict after conflict.  We have almost missed traveling accidents by minutes.  We have had lighting trellises almost fall on us.  We have struggled financially.  We have struggled personally with our families and not being with them at times.  But in all, God is faithful.  There will always be conflict in our lives.  It’s how we deal with it that makes the difference.


5. What is your favorite skit that y'all do and why?


My favorite skit used to be Trust Fall, but I think lately it has been More Coke.  Comparison is the stealer of all Joy.  God intends to fill us up with Himself.  He gives us gifts and so often we don't do anything with them or we could care less what He gives us.  It reflects my heart sometimes and always speaks to me.


6. Where is the coolest place that you have been with onetimeblind?


Well, there are several places that have been cool.  I love seeing the country and I have many memories.  One of my favorite places is Estes Park Colorado.  It's in the mountains and just breathtaking.  But, I have also enjoyed Hawaii, Portland, Keokuk Iowa, Tennessee, oh, there are too many.  I love to find out the cool parts of each town we are in.  Like where the eagles fly or where there are armadillos.

7. What is your favorite part about being part of onetimeblind?


My favorite part about being in onetimeblind is the people.  I love meeting new people and seeing what God has done and is doing for them.  God is amazing and the more people I meet the more God becomes real to me.

8. Do y'all have a theme verse? If so what is it?


John 9 is what our ministry was built on.  We have always wanted to open the eyes of the blind.  And even of those whose vision has been blinded by the things of this world.  We hope people will one day say, "All I know is I was once blind, but NOW I SEE!"


9. What is your favorite bible verse and why?


Jeremiah 1:5 is my favorite verse.  "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."  I have always loved the idea of God knowing me before I was in my mother’s womb.  To me, that means there was a time I was intimate with Him.  Just me and Him face to face.  I want to spend my whole life getting back to that place.


10. What are some of your hobbies?


My hobbies are answering emails for cool girls I meet on the road-;-)  , journaling, hiking, photography, making journals/crafts, hanging with friends, letterboxing.org (VERY fun), cooking, oh, I have too many.
Thanks, Kat, for doing taking time out of your schedule and doing this interview for me!

1 comment:

Thanks for tellling me what you think! If you are leaving a comment please leave your name... no anonymous comments... Thanks! :)