Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sighhh.....

Ok so some where between algebra homework, history homework, band homework (yes band homework), language arts homework, science homework and much, much more I find time to write this. It seems lately that I have just been so busy! Stuff for church, stuff for school, and stuff for home. I feel like I barely have time for my self, and I love it! It gives me time to think (something I haven't done in a while). When I say that I haven't had a lot of time to my self lately I mean to do things I want to do. I found myself thinking Tuesday about how AWESOME God really is. You hear all your life that God gave his only Son for us. Honestly, I don't think I got the gist of that. I had never really THOUGHT about it. I hadn't grasped that a perfect, pure, holy, (this list could go on forever) man died for ME. I was listening to a Casting Crowns song called Blessed Redeemer and had a revelation. God mad me realize what I had been missing. Here's the lyrics:
Up Calvary's mountain one dreadful morn
Walked Christ my Savior, weary and worn
Facing for sinners, death on the cross
That He might save them from endless loss

Blessed Redeemer, precious Redeemer
Seems now I see Him on Calvary's tree
Wounded and bleeding, for sinners pleading
Blind and unheeding, dying for me

"Father, forgive them," my Savior prayed
Even while His lifeblood flowed fast away
Praying for sinners while in such woe
No one but Jesus ever loved so

Chorus
Oh, how I love Him, Savior and Friend
How can my praises ever find end?
Through years unnumbered on Heaven's shore
My songs shall praise Him forevermore



Chorus 


I got it.  I realize what God was trying to tell me all along. I was in tears. I just sat and let the music play and listened to it. Usually when I am upset, I will analyze lyrics from a song and this is just what I did. I search for the TRUE meaning of the song and I found it. It wasn't the music that made me cry, it was the words. Up Calvary's Mountain that one dreadful morn walked christ my savior weary and worn.  Facing for sinners, death on a cross that he might save us from endless loss. He saved us. He SAVES us. We can't save ourselves. It is impossible. Only he can cleans us. Only he can change our hearts from stone to flesh and make us truly live. Read Ephesian 2: 1-10. Jesus is the only way to the Father.  He is the way the truth and the life. You have grown up hearing these things. But do you REALLY believe them? Check your self. Is it true faith or are you just fooling your self?


Its a beautiful song and if you haven't listened to it, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for tellling me what you think! If you are leaving a comment please leave your name... no anonymous comments... Thanks! :)