Thursday, September 16, 2010

How do I get there?

Often, I find my self thinking why I am not getting anywhere. No, not like to the store or mall or a friends house, but somewhere in life. I think I'm trying hard. I will pray and pray. I will study and study. I will work and work. But I will never get anywhere. Its like in a dream when you are trying to run away from something and no matter how hard you try, you cant escape. Its unavoidable. You will always get caught by that monster or person or whatever is chasing you. Some times I feel like that. I feel like no matter what I do, I never do anything. I never make a difference.

Then somedays I work sooooooo very hard on something that doesn't matter and I don't realize what really matters. My friends. My family. My God. I will slip off into a daydream and put things off until later. I will say that I will finish my homework later, but I don't. I will play a game with my family the next day, but I don't. I will do that project with my friends the next weekend, but I never get around to it. I will pray tomorrow, but I never do. I will read my bible later, but I never do. I will put off what is IMPORTANT until the next day. Jessi's life is not what's important right now. I realize that to get somewhere, I have to DO something. I have to do that homework NOW. I have to play that game with my family NOW.  I have to do that project NOW. Pray NOW and read my bible NOW. To make a positive difference, I need to act now. I need to do the things I need to do first and put off the things that are not important until later.

" For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you a good hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

God has plans for me and they don't include sitting around waiting for things to change without an action. He has GREAT plans for me. He is using me to glorify Him. He wants me to act now. Not later.

Make a difference now and not later before it's to late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for tellling me what you think! If you are leaving a comment please leave your name... no anonymous comments... Thanks! :)