Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bruises Made. ( yeah, they hurt)

So I promised y'all a story about Darby titled Darby+slick tile= Somehow under the table. This subject came up many times last night. She said that I could post this so its not me being a horrible friend. :) Plus the second half will be about me so... But any way, here's the story!
     Super Summer was truly SUPER! Many memories made, many friends made and many bruises made. That Wednesday, it was raining. We were going to lunch after rec. and it was sprinkling. Of corse if we wanted to eat that day we had to eat the not so super food in the cafeteria. We took our time and ate, talked and laughed. By that time we were ready to leave, it was raining HARD! Darby and I were waiting on Allison to come to lunch and were just talking to people. We filled out some e-grams ( look at my second post to find out what an e-gram is) and talked. Some other friend decided that they would come and socialize with us too. Too bad they didn't know that Darby was going to jump beside them and scare them... if things had gone as planed. Darby, not the most coordinated person, jumps on to wet tile. Her foot slips and she slid. Not like a little baby slide, we are talking about ten feet... seriously. Just about ten feet away was a table set up for people to send e-grams to other  campers. Good thing too! Honestly I think if she didn't hit the table, she would have hit the wall. So Darby slides on the floor and goes under the table. The red school dean, Zack, was writing an e-gram and saw the whole thing. So did Allison. She walked in the door as soon as Darby hit the floor. We laugh about that all the time now. Of corse, Zack , the adult in the situation, was concerned, but laughed as soon as Darby stood up. She just stood there laughing sooooo hard while we joined in in her merriment. Bruise number one, made.
    So now a story about me. Many of our friends at camp remember this as the big bang in the dorms. Its not as funny as Darby's story but it trails a close second.
    So we exit the building. The rain was sooooooooooooooooooo HARD! The wind was bad too. The rain was sideways. ------------ Thats how the rain looked. Naturally, you step into rain you get wet, well in this case soaked. We go back to the dorm, managing to step in one very deep puddle, and changed our clothes. I put on socks even though we were stuck in the dorm for the next hour. Mine and Darby's beds were on the top bunk and there wasn't a latter. Usually we used the desk next to our beds to get on to our bunks but I decided to use a chair that day. Bad choice. I stepped on to the seat part, every thing fine. Darby kept yelling at me to get down. I believe her exact words were, "You're going to fall, get down!!!" I paid no attention to her. My second step was on to the back of the chair. I paid no attention to safety. Almost onto the bed, my foot slips. I had one foot in the air and one foot on the chair. The chair flipped, I fell and Darby screamed. "OH MY GOODNESS!!! Are you okay???" Darby screeched ( Yeah screeched). And I laughed. It wasn't because my leg was pinned under the chair that I couldn't get up, it was because I was laughing too hard. A few minutes later, after I removed the chair from my leg, we went to our friends room across the hall. The first question I asked was, " About 10 minutes ago, did y'all hear a loud bang?" There response, " YEAH!!! What was that?" So I told them the story and they chuckled at my misfortune. I laughed with them and soon others joined in as the story was told around our family group. And bruise two, formed.
    So you may not find these stories as funny as I do, but they are memories. Fun, laughter filled memories. One camp, one day, two painful bruises. Great times.

  

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure we made a couple of other bruises that hurt at camp like while playing the dart game lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but i blame Corey for those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcie too! Awww man I miss my super summer parents :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my older more experienced sisters. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya it's depressing but atleast now you have something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Sounds interesting. :-)

    I am new to your blog and following you. I would love if you stopepd by my blog and followed me.

    Blessings,
    Maggie
    www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for tellling me what you think! If you are leaving a comment please leave your name... no anonymous comments... Thanks! :)