Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Awesome???

     One word you will never hear me say (unless its about God) is awesome. You may occasionally see Allie and I putting thats awe.... great or something along those lines. I try to use words like great, amazing, fantastic, stuff like that. If you ever hear me say (or write) awesome let me know.
     Awesome is SUCH an misused word today! OH! That car is awesome! Or OH! I am awesome! Is it really? Are YOU really? If we use that word to describe God, how can we use it to describe other lesser things? God is  truly the ONLY awesome thing EVER!!!
     It's hard in school because most people say awesome like seven times in one sentence! Get a new adjective! No names mentioned but I have quite a few teachers that say the a word every other sentence. Im not saying that they are bad for saying that something is awesome but how can it be if God is? God, you know THE GOD, (yeah that guy) he made everything, he does everything and he knows everything. The God that showed us mercy and saved us from his wrath, he is the only one that is awesome. None of us even compare to Him. He is ruler over EVERYTHING!
    If you think about it, its kind of using Gods name in vain. Its blaspheme. Saying that something is greater that God....
    So all I am saying is that next time you say awesome, think about it and see if it really is awesome... and trust me it gets hard to stop saying it after you are aware of it, even if you never said it.

Rusty made us aware of this a couple of weeks ago. :) 8I8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for tellling me what you think! If you are leaving a comment please leave your name... no anonymous comments... Thanks! :)