Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Keep Her in Your Prayers Please

Hi guys,

Today, I found out that one of my teachers has a detached retina. She left early yesterday during my class to go to the eye doctor. When we walked into class we saw a paragraph on the board that said that the doctor said she had a "retinal detachment". After research I found out that a retinal detachment is when the retina, the light sensitive membrane in the back of your eye, literally falls off. If the problem remains untreated, she could have suffered blindness in her eye. I sound like a doctor right now! :) Thankfully there is a solution to this problem. My teacher went to have surgery. I'm not sure what kind of surgery she had because there are many different treatments depending on the severity of the detachment. She will be out for a couple of weeks but at least she wont go blind! Please keep her in your prayers. Thanks a lot guys!

*j

1 comment:

Thanks for tellling me what you think! If you are leaving a comment please leave your name... no anonymous comments... Thanks! :)