Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back to blogging..... Its been how long????

Hello long lost blog friends! I cant believe that I haven't even posted since March... tad bit sad! :)

This past week I went to the most amazing camp EVER! SUPER SUPPER! (inside joke) Its actually Super Summer. I believe I posted about it before. Well this year was AWESOME! Truely awesome. The messages, music, skits, and rec were really amazing. Our message each day was given by Runks Runkles. Runks is not his actual name so no, his parents did not hate him and give him the name Runks which sounds a whole lot like Runkles.... his last name. The drama was by Far From Ordinary. Those guys are HYSTERICAL! I seriously cried from laughing at least three times. And the music.... Worship was led by Jourdan Johnson. He husband is Jeff Johnson if any of you have heard of him and or his music. She was awesome. Her voice was so incredible and just thinking about it gives me chills. If you want to look her up its under Jourdan Burks. I do have two things against her though.(not really! shes amazing)  1. she wore orange  to the worship service. 2. she dumped a bag of flour on me. You guys are probably really lost. The age groups are split up and are assigned a specific school color. Your school is your age group. It goes red, blue, orange, yellow, green, khaki/pink. I was in blue school, the truely superior school. My friends in orange decided it would be cool to buy her an orange t-shirt and ask her to wear it. Well she did. NOT COOL. :) and the flour was part of a game. at the end of each day of rec, we have a huge game where all of the schools compete in a game called Wild and Crazy. this year it was like a relay race and we had our "Jesus" that people had to carry through different legs of the race. One day I was in the game and at the last leg. the leg infront of me was where people had to carry "Jesus" through people that were making it rain flour and water coating them in a thick, doughy layer. Jourdan through her bag of flour as they were crossing the line to come to my station and some got on them but most of it got on me. it took forever to get out of my hair. Last week was amazing. i made a ton of friends and had  fun learning about the Lord.

The big thing i learned this week was to LIVE WEAK. It means that we need to rely on God. To lean on him.

Great week and i am going to end this with our blue cheer of the week. from the movie Brave heart,
THEY MAY TAKE OUR PRIDE
THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES
BUT THEY MAY NEVER TAKE
OUR FREEDOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Thanks for tellling me what you think! If you are leaving a comment please leave your name... no anonymous comments... Thanks! :)